Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Passport Save The Dates

Hola! 

So we decided on a destination wedding and I was in full swing planning mode! Everything was so exciting and after details about location, date and invite list were set, I was on to Save the Dates!

I knew right away that I wanted to do passport Save the Dates but didn't want to spend a million bucks.. so DIY it was. I will say that the printing took some time but this project it TOTALLY do-able for someone wanting to save some money.  I got all of the paper at Michaels, along with a few tools to help with the job.


For the paper, I used white card stock and textured colorful card stock (but make sure the back is white).  I made the template in the program Microsoft Office Publish. I put 4 of the passport pages on to 1 piece of card stock as well as printing on the front and back of each page.  Here is how I did the lay out for the template...



At this time, I couldn't decide on our 'wedding colors' so I just wanted them to be fun and bright colors.  After I printed all of the pages out I used a scissor, paper cutter and a paper corner rounder punch to get the pages ready to put together.  Thank goodness for my helpers, my mom and Kevin! 


Thankfully my mom had a long-arm stapler to reach the middle of the fold line.  We scored each of the pages and stapled the books together.  The last piece was to add the magnet on the last page.  I used clear removable adhesive zots to attach the magnets to the last page.  The magnets I ordered off of Vistaprint.  


Here are some pictures of the final product.  I LOVED the way they turned out and got so many compliments on them!




Please let me know if you have any questions about our Passport Save the Dates. Thanks! 

Much Love, 

Liz 






No comments:

Post a Comment