Thursday, September 26, 2013

Loving On Autumn

I'm currently loving on all things Autumn! Leaves changing color, crisp weather, changing up the house decor, football parties, sented candles burning and even new fall television premiers! I'm so thankful we live in a place were we get to experience all the seasons (even though winter sometimes stays a bit longer then its welcome).

Typically I would be getting ready for the skating season, since I skated and coached for many years but this year I am trying something new and not coaching.  I will miss the girls, being around the ice rink and even the mama drama but I am happy with my decision right now and that is what matters! I'm excited to think of all the things I will be able to accomplish with my free time and at the top of that list right now is enjoying fall!

I have painted my nails a nice new Essie Fall color: Essie Cashmere Bathrobe. Loving it!

I have also put away the summer decor and brought new autumn decor for the house.  One thing that is nice about newlyweds is that we don't have a bunch of this stuff already and its fun to get new things.  I think I may be enjoying fall even more this year since last year it was all wedding planning and fun having.  We didn't get to do any of this festive fall activities like pumpkin carving or dressing up for Halloween.  Which means we have to make up for it with EXTRA fun this year! So the house has been put into full autumn theme. 

CandyCorn Yellow Candles & Pumpkin Candle: Target

I also made this Autumn Wreath which was super easy! I got everything (on sale of course) at Michael's.  I purchased a stryrofoam ring, brown sparkly wide ribbon, fake fall leaves/berries. All I did was use the hot glue gun to secure the brown ribbon and wrapped it evenly around the wreath.  Then with the hot glue gun I attached the leaves/berries.  I'm really happy with it and it is a perfect replacement for the summer/address wreath.  


 This weekend we are heading out to the lake for my Dad's birthday! It always seems to smell more like fall out there then in town, yum! Then we have a UND football game on Saturday, talk about fall activities.  Can't wait! 


Much Love, 

Liz 

No comments:

Post a Comment